Comment on page
Module 1: Build a legislation reader
Building a basic Django app to display legislation fetched from the Laws.Africa Content API.
In this module we'll cover the following:
- Setting up the basic Django app
- Database models
- Working with the Laws.Africa Content API
- Listing works
- Displaying the content of a document
- Basic interactivity
At the end of the module, you should have a working legislation reader app with a legislation listing page and detail pages for each piece of legislation.
We will use:
- Django – for storing and displaying the data
- Python – for extracting data from the API
- Law widgets – a library for styling and working with interactive elements on the page